Lip Blush / Neutralization Pre Care:
Lip/Skin Pre Treatment Preparation: To perform cosmetic tattoo procedures on the lips, the skin of your lips must be hydrated and moisturized on the day of your appointment. As such it is MANDATORY all clients to begin a daily lip prep regiment 5 days before you are scheduled to come in ensure the lips are properly prepared. Please come to your appointment with a makeup free face (no foundation, blush, mascara, etc) regardless of the treatment area.
Week before your appointment:
- Avoid: Alcohol, excessive caffeine, Lip Sticks, and extreme sun exposure.
- Drink a minimum of 8 (8oz) glasses of water daily.
- Vitamin E or A&D should be applied throughout the day.
- After showering or washing your face in the evening, when lips are soft and supple, gently scrub your lips using a lip scrub, especially the middle, and apply a layer of Vitamin D or A&D.
- Please do not take any blood thinners such as Ibuprofen and Aspirin 24 hours before. Tylenol can be taken 30 minutes before your treatment without any contraindications.
- Stop any retinol products in the area of treatment
DIY LIP SCRUB:
Mix 1 tablespoon of each, apply in a circular motion on lips for 5-10 min to get rid of any chapping. Repeat daily for 5-7 days before your lip blush or neutralization appointment.
- brown sugar
- olive oil
- The skin should not be dry, chapped, or irritated on the day of the appointment. Sculpted Studios reserves the right to cancel you appointment if your lips are not in optimal condition for the treatment.
- You may swell; please make sure you don’t have anything important for the next 1-2 days after your visit (depends on the person).
- Do not tan or come with a sunburned face.
- Do not consume caffeinated products 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not consume alcohol 5 days before your procedure and 3 days after.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Ibuprofen 72 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid Chemical Peels & Laser treatment 2 months before your appointment.
- Lip Blush should not be performed until 6 weeks before/after having any fillers/injections.
- For clients with an ANY history of cold sores/fever blisters/herpes, please contact your physician and request a prescription for Acyclovir or Valtrex. Take it the day before, on the day of, and the day after your appointment. If you experience frequent outbreaks, please note that Lip Blush can only be done after 4 weeks from your most recent outbreak. The prescription doest not guarantee you will not have an outbreak however it will greatly reduce the chances on occurs. All other questions or concerns should be discussed with a healthcare physician.
Lip Blush / Neutralization After Care
Swelling is normal after the procedure. After you leave, we recommend that ice packs be applied for 10-15 minuets each hour for the first 48 hours following the procedure.
Cleansing the First two Days:
For the first evening and morning following your treatment, blot the treated area with provided antiseptic wipes. On the second day, blot or gently wipe the treated area two times, morning and evening, again ONLY with with antiseptic wipes provided.
During those first 48 hours the treated area can ONLY be cleansed with the antiseptic wipes provided to you. No water or other cleansers of any kind can be used for any reason.
It is normal to be excited about your new lips; however do not touch, pick, peel, tamper, scratch, rub, injure or remove the peeling in any way, you will damage the color and affect the retention. Let the skin naturally go through the healing and recovery process by applying only the moisturizer provided.
A very thin layer of provided moisturizer / A&D ointment should be applied consistently throughout the day to the treatment area using a fresh Q-tip (do NOT use mineral oil, chapstick brand, or any petroleum products such as Vaseline.) Applying too much ointment can lead to fading, so a thin layer goes a long way. This will keep the area moist and accelerate the healing process. Do not let the area dry out and crack, keep it moist at all time. Do not press or rub aggressively when applying ointment.
DURING THE NEXT 5 DAYS
- Your lips will feel dry, grainy, and may even have slight peeling
- Do not touch, bite, lick, peel, tamper, rub, injure or remove the peeling in any way, if you do, you will experience a loss of color.
- Do not let any sweat, water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch the treated area.
- Abstain from any physical activity that causes extreme sweating.
- Use a straw when drinking liquids; avoid biting into foods that might cause friction to the lips. No spicy food & drink colored, hot, or cold things through a straw,
- No foreign body fluids.
- Do not use any lipsticks or cosmetic on or near the treated area
DURING THE NEXT 14+ DAYS
- NO hot sauna, swimming pool, ocean, hot bath/shower, sun tanning, tanning salons, vaseline, Neosporin, or any other petroleum based products.
- NO massages, facials, waxing, threading, laser or skin treatments.
- DO NOT expose the area to unsanitary or dirty conditions.
- If you are a Dark Lip Neutralization client; even though lips are healed in 7-10 days the treatment process may cause a temporary period of enhanced darkness. It can take up to 3 months for the color to settle (depends on the person).
- Do not use products containing alcohol or products that contain glycolic, lactose, or fruit acids and avoid salt or saline on the treatment area.
- Avoid any injectables for 30 days.
- Avoid any prolonged sun exposure.