Inkless Stretch Mark Pre Care:
Inkless Stretch Mark Pre Treatment Preparation: To perform this treatment, the skin of your must be hydrated and moisturized on the day of your appointment.
- Sun exposure and/or usage of a tanning bed, including self-tanning products must be avoided for a minimum of 24 hours before and after the treatment, and preferably for 1 week to minimize risk of post-treatment temporary dyspigmentation (darkening or lightening of the skin). A micro needling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- Bruising is an uncommon possibility with needling. Avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications (i.e. ibuprofen), blood thinners, herbal supplements, vitamin E and fish oil for at least one week prior to and the day of micro needling to minimize bruising risk. You may restart these the day following micro needling. Any bruising that may occur may be covered with makeup as needed.
- Area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. Please wash off completely prior to treatment.
- Accutane should be discontinued for a period of at least 6 months prior to and during any course of receiving treatment.
- Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac and similar retinoids should be avoided for 1 week prior and after treatment until well healed.
- No area/s to be treated should receive any type of chemical or laser peel for 2 weeks prior and after treatment.
- Waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories should be avoided for 2 weeks prior and after treatment. Shaving is allowed immediately before treatment and 48-72 hours after treatment as long as there is no skin irritation.
- Notify the provider of any tattoos, including cosmetic tattooing, in the area to be treated as tattoos are usually avoided.
- If you have a history of cold sores, we may recommend prophylactic oral antiviral therapy in the form of Valtrex or Famvir. If so, follow the directions of your prescription. (Usually, Famvir / Valtrex 500 mg orally twice daily for 7 days.)
- During the course of your treatments, notify our staff of any relevant changes to your medical / health status
Inkless Stretch Mark After Care:
- A sunburn-like effect is normal for 1-3 days. Usually, you look and feel variably sunburned after the treatment. The skin may feel tight, dry, swollen, and sensitive to the touch. The treated area/s may darken and flake away within 1 week. Avoid picking or exfoliating the area and allow old / dry / dead skin to flake off naturally.
- After Care Products and Regimen: After micro needling, we commonly apply an ointment (e.g. Aquafor, Vaniply) thereafter. Starting on the evening of the treatment, wash the area gently with a mild cleanser (e.g. Aquanil) twice daily followed by Aquafor healing ointment or antibiotic ointment as needed. Avoid makeup for at least 24 hours or up to a few days until relatively healed. You may return to your regular skin care routine when healed.
- Sun exposure must be avoided until healed (i.e. any skin redness and/or flaking away of skin is no longer present). We recommend avoidance of the sun in all treated area/s, and full spectrum sun block of SPF 30 or higher.
- Do not use exfoliating medications, chemicals, or non recommended products on the treated areas for at least 1 week.
- Avoid exercise that causes sweating, Jacuzzi, sauna, or steam baths if any skin inflammation exists.
- Advil or Tylenol may be taken as necessary for discomfort. Ice packs may be used if desired to minimize swelling.
- For best results and efficacy, we recommend a series of 3 to 6 treatments administered at 6-8 week intervals. You may notice immediate as well as longer term improvements in your skin.